If you are interested in classes offered, but would like to talk to us first about your child’s learning behaviours, please email Anna in the strictest of confidence. She will be able to advise on the content and format of each class and suggest a way forward. Anna has taught over a thousand children in her teaching career, and one thing is for sure – no two children are the same. However, some children will need specific strategies for learning to help them overcome challenges and make progress.
What Technology Do I Need?
We use Zoom for our classes. Once you book, you will receive an email with a Zoom link. You do not need to pay for Zoom, as we do this. Please test the link we send you 10 minutes before the class starts. On Zoom you can check that your video and audio are working. Just before the class, we will start the lesson and the link will become active for ‘Join live meeting’.
Click ‘Join live meeting’ to join the class. The Zoom app may ask for your permission to run. If you join before the teacher, you will see a message that says ‘Waiting for host’. Zoom asks for your permission to use the camera.
We ask for a parent/ designated adult to monitor their child's participation during a class, but please stay out of view of the camera.
How To Download Zoom
Downloading the app called Zoom is really easy and takes about 10 seconds. You don’t need a personal Zoom account, so just stop when you get to the sign-up screen.
If you have a tech issue…
Have a look at Zoom’s comprehensive help centre here:
And just on that note… My Home Class will do its best to help you if your child is experiencing technical difficulties during a class, but please remember that the teacher’s primary focus is to ensure an excellent learning experience for all learners, so their ability to troubleshoot with individual families may be limited during the lesson.
Student Safety and Conduct
Your child’s safety is our top priority. We safeguard children in a variety of ways.
- Your teacher has a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check because they will be a practicing primary teacher in schools in this 2020/ 2021 academic year.
- Zoom is a secure online network, and only those purchasing a place on the class can gain access to the lesson. Children keep their cameras on for registration at the start of a class, then can turn them off if they wish.
- Live lessons taught on Zoom will not be recorded or shared because children keep their videos and sound on and annotate our shared screen. We cannot share this publicly for safeguarding reasons.
- Data collected will be the parent’s email and name and the student’s name and age.
The teacher will run through how we expect children to conduct themselves during the class. We ask that children keep their camera on for safeguarding reasons and to maximise their learning opportunities during the class. Please ensure a designated adult is monitoring your learner's participation in a class, but please stay out of view of the camera. For more information, please read our Safeguarding Policy.
Be Internet Safe
Children need to be internet savvy and safe. There are some great websites out there. Some that we use in our primary schools regularly are shown below in the links.
- Think You Know
- Internet Matters
- Common Sense Media – This organisation provides advice on media consumption for children, including an overview of privacy and internet safety and tips for different ages.
- National Online Safety – This is a brilliant resource for teachers and parents. Join up for free and download ‘What parents need to know’ guides on nearly every online game or internet issue.
When booking a class, My Home Class uses ‘Shopify’ online booking and payment system. This booking and payment portal has its own privacy and data policy which gives details on how your data and personal information is kept secure.download policy
We regularly review and update our safeguarding policy.download policy
Terms & Conditions
My Home Class has Public Liability Insurance.download terms & conditions