DON'T MISS OUT ON A DISCOUNT! *10% discount* for block booking, please place 7 or more class dates into the basket and use code: 10%SPRING at the checkout.
A date won't add to your basket? This means that the class is now fully booked. Please try an alternative date.
This hugely popular and cost-effective writing club is ALL about giving your child space to develop confidence in generating ideas and improving their language and sentence structure for creative fiction writing.
Each week your child will cover different writing skills, such as language and sentence structure for character and setting, building tension, and for various fiction themes.
Weekly, this class offers your child:
- A regular, scheduled time for writing.
- Exposure to essential writing skills - that's more than *30 skills* over the academic year!
- The opportunity to discuss and write each week.
- Exposure to heaps of new, adventurous and challenging vocabulary.
- New and stimulating fiction topics.
- A highly qualified teacher and 11 Plus English tutor - Anna Donovan.
- Live interaction and immediate feedback.
- A children's writing gallery to showcase and encourage all students.
The class is suitable for:
- All KS2 children who want to learn new writing skills each week.
- Students who are studying for 11+ exams and wish to have extra creative writing skills input.
- Reluctant and keen writers.
We recommend that your child comes to each class to build their skills, ideas, vocabulary, and language techniques for the most benefit.
There are 11 classes this term (with a break for the half-term February holiday – so, no class on Tuesday 22nd or Thursday 24th February)
Tuesdays: 18 Jan, 25 Jan, 1 Feb, 8 Feb, 15 Feb, 1 March, 8 March, 15 March, 22 March, 29 March, 5 April
Thursdays: 20 Jan, 27 Jan, 3 Feb, 10 Feb, 17 Feb, 3 March, 10 March, 10 March, 17 March, 24 March, 31 March, 7 April
Class specifics (please read carefully before booking):
- Age: school years 3+4 or 5+6
- Duration: 50-minute class.
- Group size: Small group - maximum 12.
- Homework: no homework or marking (please see our 11+ courses for this), but children are encouraged to submit their writing to the children's gallery to celebrate their achievements. Anna will reply to all work submitted to offer praise and encouragement and will write a supporting statement for your child to accompany the gallery writing.
- One learner per booking.
- Pay-as-you-go. Classes are stand-alone, so participation the week before is not necessary.
- Online classes are NOT recorded for safeguarding reasons (because they are fully interactive between the teacher and children using video and sound – this is not a webinar).
- If your child misses the class, unfortunately we cannot offer refunds.
- Bring a pencil, paper, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- Cameras to remain on just for the first 5 minutes of class while registration takes place (for safeguarding reasons). Cameras should stay on for the class duration to help with interaction with others and teacher support and feedback. However, there is no obligation to do this if your learner feels more comfortable with the camera off.
The Weekly Writing Club - Spring Year 5/6 Thursdays
£10.00 per child