Please note: If a date can't be added to the basket, this means that the course has sold out. Please choose another date.
Looking to maintain and improve your child’s creative writing skills during the summer holiday? Look no further! This description writing workshop will give your child a huge boost in their KS2 literacy National Curriculum writing objectives and 11 Plus creative writing skills with this fun, interactive and highly developmental class taught by Anna, a primary teacher and 11 Plus English group tutor.
All summer creative writing workshops will have new content, so children who have enrolled in the term-time courses can also come and join us to learn extra skills.
If you would like information on how this course might help in studying for a specific school's entrance exams, please contact Anna by email: email@example.com. She will be happy to call you back and discuss this in further detail.
Two dates are offered for this workshop. You will be sent the Zoom code immediately with your booking confirmation. A reminder email will also be sent 24-hours before the start of the workshop.
This workshop is designed to:
- Guide your child to proficiently plan and write a piece of writing based on a common 11 Plus theme and using the Year 6/KS2 literacy national curriculum objectives.
- Show your child how to use correct punctuation for a literary effect.
- Check that your child is using correct English grammar.
- Show your child how to use ambitious vocabulary.
- Teach your child a range of figurative devices appropriate for the genre (e.g., similes, onomatopoeia, alliteration, personification, etc.)
- Give your child guidance and support on ways in which they can avoid missing essential marks.
Feedback and personalised development points
Anna will mark your child's written work that is completed during the class and will give feedback and personalised development points linked to the writing criteria. She aims to do this within 72 hours. If your child does not complete their writing during the class, they are very welcome to finish off after the class and then submit the writing.
Wednesday 4th August (10am-12pm)
Wednesday 25th August (10am-12pm)
Your teacher, Anna, is a dedicated and highly experienced KS2 primary school teacher with over 16 years in the classroom teaching all the curriculum, and with a passion for English. She has many years of experience teaching Year 6 children to achieve highly in their SATs exams, as well as running a tuition business offering both KS2 and 11 Plus English booster classes and workshops.
- Ages 8-10 (school years 4&5).
- 120-minute class / 2 hour (with a short comfort break in the middle).
- Small group - maximum 7.
- Feedback/marking for the lesson tasks with personalised development points.
- Once booked, places are non-refundable as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
- If you are unable to attend a session we will send out the PowerPoint class slides and work can still be submitted for marking. We do NOT record class sessions for safeguarding reasons (as children use video and sound).
- One learner per booking.
- Bring a pencil, paper, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- Cameras to remain on just for the first 5 minutes of class while registration takes place (for safeguarding reasons). It is best for cameras to stay on for the duration of the class to help with interaction with others and teacher support and feedback. However, there is no obligation to do this if your learner feels more comfortable with the camera off.
Summer Workshops Creative Writing - a description
£30.00 per child