Join us once a week on THURSDAYS to boost your child's English oracy and creative writing skills. This fun and interactive online weekly class, aimed at English school years 3 & 4 is designed using the British Primary National Curriculum and has new writing content each week – that’s 11 new topics this term!
These classes will help your child build confidence and pride in their oral English skills and creative writing techniques (idea generation, vocabulary/language content, grammar and whole-text structure).
Classes are stand-alone, so participation the week before is not necessary. However, we recommend that your child attends each week to accelerate their progress and confidence.
Classes are unique to My Home Class and are taught by primary teacher Anna Donovan who has over 16 years of experience teaching primary-aged children.
Dates for this term:
There are 11 classes this term (with a break for the half-term holiday – so, no class on Thursday 28th October)
23rd September, 30th September, 7th October, 14th October, 21st October, 4th November, 11th November, 18th November, 25th November, 2nd December, 9th December
Class specifics: please read carefully before booking:
- Age: English school years 3&4 or 5&6.
- Time: (GMT) school years 3&4 – 10 am / school years 5&6 – 11 am /
- Duration: 50-minute classes.
- Class size: small group - maximum 10.
- Resources: 1 x task sheet is emailed to parents/ carers the day before the class.
- One learner per booking.
- Pay-as-you-go. Classes are stand-alone, so participation the week before is not necessary.
- Online classes are NOT recorded for safeguarding reasons (because they are fully interactive between the teacher and children using video and sound – this is not a webinar).
- If your child misses a class, we will send the PowerPoint lessons and home task sheet for you to use at home.
- Bring a pencil, paper, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- Cameras to remain on just for the first 5 minutes of class while registration takes place (for safeguarding reasons). Cameras should stay on for the class duration to help with interaction with others and teacher support and feedback.
Boost English ages 7-9
£10.00 per child