DON'T MISS OUT ON A DISCOUNT! *10% discount* for block booking, please place 7 or more class dates into the basket and use code: 10%SUMMER at the checkout.
A date won't add to your basket? This means that the class is now fully booked. Please try an alternative date.
This hugely popular and cost-effective writing club is ALL about giving your child space to develop confidence in generating ideas and improving their language and sentence structure for creative fiction writing.
Each week your child will cover different writing skills, such as language and sentence structure for character and setting, building tension, and for various fiction themes.
Weekly, this class offers your child:
- A regular, scheduled time for writing.
- Exposure to essential writing skills - that's more than *30 skills* over the academic year!
- The opportunity to discuss and write each week.
- Exposure to heaps of new, adventurous and challenging vocabulary.
- New and stimulating fiction topics.
- A highly qualified teacher and 11 Plus English tutor - Anna Donovan.
- Live interaction and immediate feedback.
- A children's writing gallery to showcase and encourage all students.
The class is suitable for:
- All KS2 children who want to learn new writing skills each week.
- Students who are studying for 11+ exams and wish to have extra creative writing skills input.
- Reluctant and keen writers.
We recommend that your child comes to each class to build their skills, ideas, vocabulary, and language techniques for the most benefit.
There are 11 classes this term (with a break for the half-term May holiday – so, no class on Tuesday 31st May or Thursday 2nd June)
Tuesdays: 3rd May, 10th May, 17th May, 24th May (HALF TERM BREAK - no class on Tuesday 31st May), 7th June, 14th June, 21st June, 28th June, 5th July, 12th July, 19th July
Thursdays: 5th May, 12th May, 19th May, 26th May, (HALF TERM BREAK - no class on Thursday 2nd June), 9th June, 16th June, 23rd June, 30th June, 7th July, 14th July, 21st July
Class specifics (please read carefully before booking):
- Age: school years 3+4 or 5+6
- Duration: 50-minute class.
- Group size: Small group - maximum 12.
- Homework: no homework or marking (please see our 11+ courses for this), but children are encouraged to submit their writing to the children's gallery to celebrate their achievements. Anna will reply to all work submitted to offer praise and encouragement and will write a supporting statement for your child to accompany the gallery writing.
- One learner per booking.
- Pay-as-you-go. Classes are stand-alone, so participation the week before is not necessary.
- Online classes are NOT recorded for safeguarding reasons (because they are fully interactive between the teacher and children using video and sound – this is not a webinar).
- If your child misses the class, unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds.
- Bring a pencil, paper, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- Cameras to remain on just for the first 5 minutes of class while registration takes place (for safeguarding reasons). Cameras should stay on for the class duration to help with interaction with others and teacher support and feedback. However, there is no obligation to do this if your learner feels more comfortable with the camera off.
The Weekly Writing Club - summer Year 3/4 - Thursdays
£10.00 per child