DON'T MISS OUT ON A DISCOUNT! *10% discount* for block booking, please place 7 or more class dates into the basket and use code: 10%SUMMER at the checkout.
This hugely popular and cost-effective writing club is ALL about giving your child space to develop confidence in generating ideas and improving their language and sentence structure for creative fiction writing.
Each week your child will cover different writing skills, such as language and sentence structure for character and setting, building tension, and various fiction themes.
Weekly, this class offers your child:
- A regular, scheduled time for writing.
- Exposure to essential writing skills - that's more than *30 skills* over the academic year!
- The opportunity to discuss and write each week.
- Exposure to heaps of new, adventurous and challenging vocabulary.
- New and stimulating fiction topics.
- A highly qualified primary teacher and 11 Plus English tutor - Anna Donovan.
- Live interaction and immediate feedback.
- A children's writing gallery to showcase and encourage all students.
The class is suitable for:
- All children who want to learn new writing skills each week.
- Students who need encouragement to develop their language and writing skills.
- Reluctant and keen writers.
We recommend that your child comes to each weekly class in order to sufficiently build their skills, ideas, vocabulary, and language techniques.
There are 11 classes this term (with a break for the half-term May holiday – so, no class on Thursday 2nd June)
Thursdays: 5th May, 12th May, 19th May, 26th May, (HALF TERM BREAK - no class on Thursday 2nd June), 9th June, 16th June, 23rd June, 30th June, 7th July, 14th July, 21st July
Class specifics (please read carefully before booking):
- Age: Ages 7-9
- Duration: 50-minute class.
- Time: 9.30 am UK time / 4.30 pm Hong Kong time
- Group size: Small group - maximum 10.
- Homework: no homework or marking (please see our 11+ courses for this), but children are encouraged to submit their writing to the children's gallery to celebrate their achievements. Anna will reply to all work submitted to offer praise and encouragement and will write a supporting statement for your child to accompany the gallery writing.
- One learner per booking.
- Pay-as-you-go. Classes are stand-alone, so participation the week before is not necessary.
- Online classes are NOT recorded for safeguarding reasons (because they are fully interactive between the teacher and children using video and sound – this is not a webinar).
- If your child misses the class, unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds.
- Bring a pencil, paper, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- Cameras to remain on just for the first 5 minutes of class while registration takes place (for safeguarding reasons). Cameras should stay on for the class duration to help with interaction with others and teacher support and feedback. However, there is no obligation to do this if your learner feels more comfortable with the camera off.
Boost English - Hong Kong class
£10.00 per child